HENRY BROOKS was born in 1591 or 92 in England, and died on 12 Apr. 1683 at Woburn, Middlesex Co., MA.[1/29-153]. He was made Freeman in Concord on March 14, 1639. Removed to Woburn 1650; m. (1) Grace ____ . who d. about the time he removed to Woburn. They were most likely married in England. Grace was the mother of all his children. While certain texts have stated that her surname was possibly Wheeler it was Grace Wheeler who m. Henry's brother Thomas Brooks, of Concord, and d. 12 May 1664 in Concord.
Henry married (2) widow Susanna (Bradford) Richardson bef. 27 Mar 1651 in Woburn. She d. in 1681[3/58-48]. I've seen several websites where Susanna Bradford is given as the mother of his children. This is obviously incorrect when you compare their date of marriage to the birth dates of his children. Susanna Bradford had married as her first husband Ezekiel Richardson in March of 1630/31 at Woburn, Middlesex Co., MA. He was the son of Thomas R. Richardson and Katherine Duxford. He was b. in 1591 in Westmill, Herts., England and died on 21 Oct 1647 in Woburn.
In 1670 his wife Susanna was described as "an ancient and skillful woman, known for her attainments in medical science."
John married for the third time to Annis Jordan on 12 Jul. 1682[3/58-48]. He died the following year.
His will is dated 18 July 1682, six days after his last marriage. In it, daughter Hannah is called "daughter Lestor," a reference to Hannah's second husband, Andrew Lester. He described himself as being a clothier and "stricken in years." He was then about 91 years of age.
1. Gilbert Brooks, b. 14 Apr 1621 Concord, Middlesex Co., MA., d. 30 Jun 1695. He m. Elizabeth Simmons on 10 Sep 1644.
2. William Brooks, b. 1622, Concord, Middlesex Co., MA., d. 18 Oct 1688, Deerfield, Franklin Co., MA. He m. Mary Burt, 18 Oct 1654, Springfield, Franklin Co., MA.
3. JOHN BROOKS
4. Hannah Brooks, m. Andrew Lester
JOHN BROOKS was born abt. 1623 in Concord, MA and died on 29 Sep. 1691 in Woburn, Middlesex Co., MA. He m. (1) EUNICE MOUSALL on 1 Nov. 1649 Woburn, Mass., d. 1 Jan 1684. She was the mother of his children. Eunice was the daughter of JOHN MOUSALL and EUNICE (_____).
John Brooks married (2) Mary Champney on 25 Feb 1683, she died on 26 Aug 1704 in Woburn, Middlesex, MA.
1. John Brooks, b. 23 Nov 1650 in Woburn and died 1653-1654.
2. SARAH BROOKS
3. Eunice Brooks, b. 10 Oct 1655. She married first in 1672 to Samuel Carter of Woburn. He was the son of Rev. Thomas Carter.They had Samuel, Samuel, John, Thomas, Nathaniel, Eunice, Abigail and Abigail. Samuel lived most of his life in Charlestown and died in 1693. He had married first to Winifred _____. After his death Eunice married John Kendall.
4. Joanna Brooks 1659 Woburn and died 01 Dec 1724, Woburn. She married in Woburn on 2 Oct 1678 to David Roberts who died on 4 Sep 1724 in Woburn.
5. John Brooks, b. 01 Mar 1663/64 Woburn
6. Ebenezer Brooks, b. 09 Dec 1666 in Woburn
7. Deborah Brooks, b. 20 Mar 1668/69 in Woburn
8. Jabez Brooks, b. 17 Jul 1673 in Woburn
SARAH BROOKS was born on 21 Nov.1652 at Woburn, Middlesex Co., MA.. She m. EPHRAIM BUCK on 1 Jan. 1670/71 Woburn, MA. He was the son of ROGER BUCK and SUSANNA (_____) of Woburn.
"Brooks Family of Woburn, Mass." by B. Cutter, NEHG Register vol 29, April, 1875.
Soldiers in King Philip's War by George Bodge NEHG Register vol 38 April 1884.
"The Brooks Family of Woburn, Mass." by William Cutter NEHG Register vol 58 Jan 1904.
"John Mousall of Woburn" by WR Cutter NEHG Register vol 47 October 1893
James Savage, "A GENEALOGICAL DICTIONARY OF NEW ENGLAND", p. 260-6
"NEW ENGLAND HISTORIC AND GENEALOGICAL REGISTER", p. 462-63, Lucius R. Paige,
"THE HISTORY OF CAMBRIDGE, MASS.", p. 503 Samuel Sewall,
Samuel Sewall, "HISTORY OF WOBURN, MASS." p. 123
Note NI28713: at "Wheeler Homepage and Genealogy" at: http://www.thewheelers.com/