The bulk of this information came from Joseph Dow's, "History of Hampton, NH"
JOHN GOVE SR was born in England. He resided London prior to emigration. After coming to New England he settled in Charlestown, Middlesex Co., MA. where he died shortly after signing his will on 25 Jan 1647/48. John married MARY SHARD of London, England on 6 Feb 1630/31. She was born in 1604 probably in London, and died in 1682. She was the daughter of HUMPHREY SHARD and MARGERY (_____).
1. EDWARD GOVE
2. John Gove Jr. was born before 25 Mar. 1631/32, was bap. on 24 Mar 1631/32 In London, England. He died on 24 Dec 1704 at Cambridge, Middlesex Co., MA. He married (1) Mary Aspenwall on 6 Oct. 1658, she was born in 1635 and died in 1676 (2) Mary (Browne) Woodward/Woodhead MARY (BROWNE) WOODWARD/WOODHEAD on 15 Mar 1677 in Cambridge, Middlesex Co., MA, and (3) Elizabeth Walden on 2 Dec. 1700.
3. Humphrey Gove
4. Mary Gove
5. Rachel Gove
6. Benjamin Gove
Noyes/Libby/Davis, "Genealogical Dictionary of Maine and New Hampshire," (1939), pgs. 278-279;
Sanborn, George F., Jr., "Joseph Dow's Second Wife, and the Byfield Crew," N.H. Genealogical Record, Vol. 10 (Oct 1993), pg. 191;
Wheeler, Richard S., "A Note on the Antecedents of John and Mary (Shard) Gove, of London and Charlestown," (N.H.G.R. Oct 1987), pgs. 174-179.
EDWARD GOVE was born about 1636 to 1638 and died on 29 May 1691 at Hampton, Rockingham Co., NH. He married HANNAH PARTRIDGE in about 1660 in Salisbury, Essex Co., MA. Hannah was born after 1638, probably in Salisbury. She was the daughter of WILLIAM PARTRIDGE and ANN SPIGON.
Edward was the instigator and leader of the singularly unsuccessful "Gove's Rebellion" which earned him a trial and conviction for treason and three years imprisonment in the Tower Of London.
1. William Gove was born on 21 Oct 1662 in Salisbury, Essex Co., MA and died on 01 Mar 1662/63 in Salisbury
2. John Gove was born on 19 Sep 1661 in Salisbury, Essex Co., MA and died about 1737 in Hampton, Rockingham Co., MA. John Gove married Sarah (_____). Jury 1694, Constable 1696/97, selectman 6 times from 1698-1712. Military 1708, Ensigne 1709.[Dow V2] He was buried in Seabrook in 1939.[GDMNH 278-279]
3. Hannah Gove was born 5 Mar 1662, prob. in Salisbury. She married Abraham Clement 10 May 1684?. He d. about 1716.
4. Mary Gove
5. Abiel Gove
6. Penuel Gove
7. Abigail Gove
8. Edward Gove Jr.was born on 23 may 1673 in Hampton, Rockingham Co., NH and died on 12 Nov 1685 in Hampton.
9. Ebenezer Gove was born on 23 Jun 1671 in Hampton, Rockingham Co., NH. He married Judith Sanborn on 20 Dec 1692 in Hampton
10. Jeremiah Gove
11. Rachel Gove
12. Ann Gove
13. SARAH GOVE
Joseph Dow, "History Of Hampton, N.H."
Noyes/Libby/Davis, "Genealogical Dictionary of Maine and New Hampshire," (1939), pg. 278.;
Wheeler, Richard S., "A Note on the Antecedents of John and Mary (Shard) Gove, of london and Charlestown," (N.H.G.R. Oct 1987), pg. 174.
SARAH GOVE was born on 5 Nov 1678 in Hampton, Rockingham Co., NH. She married SAMUEL DEARBORN on 16 Dec 1698 in Hampton. Samuel was born on 27 May 1676 and died on 5 Feb 1735/36. He was the son of THOMAS DEARBORN and HANNAH COLCORD.
1. Anna Dearborn was born on 18 Dec 1699
2. EDWARD DEARBORN SR. was born on 26 May 1702 and died on 2 Aug 1746. He married MARY FOSS ON 17 Dec 1724. She was the daughter of THOMAS FOSS and ABIGAIL COLE.
3. Reuben Dearborn was born on 10 Aug 1707