DANIEL REYNOLDS JR. was b. March 1785 in New Hampshire, the son of DANIEL REYNOLDS SR. and THANKFUL HASKELL. He was married in Unity, Waldo Co., Maine on 6 Aug 1807 to RACHEL REYNOLDS/RUNNELLS [1/2-285]. He d. 26 Sep. 1857 in Burnham. Rachel died on 11 Nov 1862 . They were buried in Reynolds Pond Cemetery, Burnham, Waldo Co., Maine. Rachel's parents aren't yet known. But there is speculation by some that she was "perhaps the daughter of Roger and Sarah (Braley) Reynolds which if true would have made her Daniel's first cousin.
ON May 7, 1840 Daniel Reynolds Jr. and his brother Barak Reynolds both gave testimony in their their mother Thankfull's pension case . Daniels was as follows:
"I Daniel Reynolds of Burnham in the County of Waldo and State of Maine do testify and say that according to what my parents told me when I arrived to the age of understanding and recollection, I am the son and oldest child of Daniel Reynolds late a United States pensioner of said Burnham and Thankful Reynolds his widow that I was fifty-five years old last March, that when I was about ten years of age my parents moved from the State of New Hampshire to the town of Sidney in this State, that about three years after they moved to the twenty-five mile pond plantation now the town of Burnham, that I have always lived near my parents and that I have not for more than twenty years seen or heard of any such thing as a family record left by them I think that when I was young I saw and heard them _______ something of the kind on a leaf of oldish looking paper."
his Daniel X Reynolds mark
State of Maine Waldo Co. May 7, 1840 Personally approved the above named Daniel Reynolds and made oath to the truth of the above affidavit by him subscribed. Before me Rufus Burnham Justice of the Peace
To see other documents detailing testimony given by Daniel Reynolds Sr., his wife, sons and others concerning his pension for Revolutionary War Service click here
1. MEHITABLE REYNOLDS
2. Daughter b. 1810 - 1815
3. Daughter, b. 2810 - 1815
4. Son, b. abt 1825
5. Susan Reynolds, b. abt. 1829 , m. a Mr. White
MEHITABLE REYNOLDS was born circa 1808 in Maine, and died January 1, 1889 in Hartland, Somerset, ME. She married HORATIO HUFF February 23, 1828 in Burnham. He was b. abt. 1806 in Hartland, Somerset Co., Maine. (11)
1. Vital Records of Unity, Maine, Transcribed by Elizabeth M. Mosher, Pub. by Picon Press, Camden, ME, 1995 [2:285] "To Abner Knowles, Clerk of the town of Unity, The following is a list of persons Whom I joined in Marriage the Year past, Viz. August 6 (1807), Mr. Daniel Runnels the 3 with Miss Rachel Runnells, Given under My hand and Seal this 2 day of April ad 1808, Benjamin Bartlett."
2. 1850 U.S. Census, Burnham, Waldo Co., Maine, p. 244; "116-121 Daniel Reynolds, age 64, m, farmer, born New Hampshire, Rachel " , age 63, f, _ _ _ _ _, born Maine; Susan " , age 21, f. _ _ _ _ _, born Maine"
3. Cemetery Recs., Reynolds Pond Cemetery, Burnham, Waldo Co., Maine, "Daniel Reynolds d. Sept. 26, 1857 71yrs. Rachel his wife Nov. 11, 1862 77yrs".
4. Daniel Reynolds' Revolutionary War Pension Records, File W11118 6284 Maine